A Past Master's Masonic Lodge Jewel from the Garfield Lodge #569, F&AM, and
dated Jan.4, 1824. This lodge was chartered in 1884 in Hammond, Indiana,
but in recent years seems to have moved to nearby
Highland, Indiana. The jewel bears the name of Henry A. Ford, the past
master to whom the piece was awarded. This lodge jewel is marked 14K
along with the maker's mark "J.C.L., for John C. Leppert, a manufacturing
jeweler in Chicago. The "G" and the square
are decorated with blue enamel work, and a sapphire sits above the compass.
The jewel measures three and one-half inches from top to bottom and weighs
about one ounce troy. Condition is excellent and the
piece remains in original presentation case with Leppert's logo on one flap.